The BUG 5th Birthday app celebrates the anniversary of its first ever show at the BFI Southbank in London hosted by Adam Buxton on 26 April 2007.
Over the past five years, BUG has showcased the most creative, daring and innovative music videos from around the world on the big screen, selected by the BUG editorial team and presented in inimitable fashion by comedian, broadcaster and music video enthusiast Adam Buxton – who includes the funniest and most outrageous reactions to the videos he can find from YouTube commentators.
- Introduction to BUG and BUG’s History, and introduction video
- News and Twitterfeed
- Adam Buxton Profile and Adam’s video
- 5th Birthday Video Playlist – 1 video selected from each of the 30 shows
- Video detail – bespoke editorial, including BUG programme notes and Adam’s comments, and link to video
- Gallery – each of the 30 BUG show posters
- Contact – contact details, BUG sponsors & supporters and app credits
BUG was created, and continues to be produced, by the London-based BUG team: Louise Stevens, David Knight, Phil Tidy and Chris Blakeston. It has played to more than 25,000 audience members at BFI Southbank alone, and has sold out cinemas, theatres and festivals around the UK and abroad. Five years down the line the unique format of the show has become a phenomenon, being toured nationally and internationally and now being turned into a TV show to be broadcast on Sky Atlantic in the Autumn