The Complete Adam & Joe Radio Show Reference List

Testing a new feature on the board

Re: The Complete Adam & Joe Radio Show Reference List

Postby hobbsy » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:09pm

I added a summary to the first post -- just to give an overview of what's available...

Are all Humyo links throughout the forum now officially dead?

Does the initial post introduction need changing?

I was completely up-to-date with A&J at the very start of 2010 then I started listening to a bunch of other podcasts and sort of forgot about the chuckle brothers. A couple of days ago after listening to a couple of 6Music podcasts I thought it's about time I checked the A&J Livejournal to see if they'd made their return, and to my delight they had. Unfortunately as great as live journal is for grabbing the shows as they air it's not so great for catching up. Now knowing that I was missing episodes I felt like I needed some kind of list to check off what I did and didn't have, but as much as looked around I couldn't find anything which was either complete or up-to-date... Enter The Complete Adam & Joe Show Reference List.
Ok, I say complete but seen as this is essentially just a list of the stuff I personally have there's a few things missing and I was kinda hoping you guys can help me fill in the gaps so we all have a useful updated list of everything.
Let me know if you see anything which needs amending, correcting, side noting or updating. I'm pretty sure there will be a couple of people which will have differing dates but I'll say it now the dates below should be spot on so I'd double check your date first.
I'd love some dates for the XFM Podcasts and Coca Cola Europe if anyone has them.
I'll to add active download links for shows as they are supplied or when I find them.

PLEASE READ: HELP NEEDED

This list is all the stuff we know actually exists as files and is floating around in the ether but it's by no means a list of all A&J material ever aired/recorded. About Last Friday has put together THIS LIST of all the stuff which to our knowledge hasn't yet entered the ether. If you've come across any of this stuff or happen to have some on a dusty cassette somewhere please let us know so we can go about preserving it for all of eternity (or there abouts).

ALSO:
    namesinspace is doing a bang up job of linking downloads which takes a lot of work (much kudos). Problem is that we all already have all this stuff so it's not like we are using any of these download links ourselves and this means we don't usually know when a link has gone dead. We need you to let us know if something is dead so we can revive it.

Sorry to note that the storage service used for a lot of these files now requires an account. It is free but I know it's a nuisance. It's a lot of work to upload them all again so it's something we have to live with. (namesinspace)

Huge thanks must go to blurry101 who has been sourcing and uploading full, unedited shows over on the LiveJournal page. Many of his links are used on this page, for which we are very grateful. The Rapishare ones have now expired but we'll try to find a more permanent home. Roll your mouse over the links. If they're not Rapidshare, they should be working OK.

Mr Phillby has put edited versions of the 6Music shows here.

TLDR:
    If you find stuff not in this list or stuff in this list is dead please let us know

hobbsy
Site Admin

Postby namesinspace » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:16pm

Hi Hobbsy. Yes, I don't think any Humyo accounts are still current. I moved all my files over from Humyo but only updated this thread with the links as it seemed like the most comprehensive place.

I've just noticed that there are still some Big Mixtape Full Shows not linked (or rather, they only have expired Rapidshare links) so I guess I need to get onto that.

I'll have a look at the intro but you're right, it can be edited right down.
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby hobbsy » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:47pm

I made a few edits to the text on the first post. Thought it might be a good idea to have a quick table of contents at the top, so new visitors can see at a glance what's on the page.

I think I've changed my mind about Archive.org -- their embeds aren't as bad as I first thought

The shows on 4shared -- the embeds that they have on their download pages have a pre-roll advert
hobbsy
Site Admin

Postby hobbsy » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:17am

hobbsy
Site Admin

Postby MrDebonair » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:10pm

[Hope this is an appropriate place to post this msg]

May I just say a massive thank you to all of you who've put so much work into all this and apparently appear to be continuing to do so. I've had such tremendous fun going right back to the original Keaveny take over shows and working through all of the edited shows them in sequence a number of times over the last six months or so - over and over again. And again ...

Finding the tiny grains of sand that grew into the pearls of features such as Song Wars, egg-corns, the genesis of Her Maj, or even the birth of Boggins *shudder* has been deeply rewarding ... Yes I know I should get out more

One question if I may - at the start of one of these edited shows Buckles does a quick intro speech along the lines of, 'we are hard-core fans and want the shows minus the music, which are available on the internet - IN YOUR FACE MAN!' or something similar - did one of you guys put him up to this or something?

Thanks again :D
MrDebonair

Postby namesinspace » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:11pm

Hello MrDebonair!

If memory serves, it was Adam reading out an email but it was more in reference to the Livejournal page (Speeding On the Needlebliss) where, every week, within hours of them airing, some good soul would edit the shows and make them available in several different sound quality format and did them with and without music and news. Those are the people from whom the majority of our edits have come. I think some of them lurk around here but I'm not entirely sure these days. The great Retinend is nowhere to be found, sadly.
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby hobbsy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:08am

I've made a few changes to the BBC 6Music pages on the main site

I've tried to embed the Archive links - let me know if they work okay

I will try and make the site more mobile/small screen-friendly over the next month
hobbsy
Site Admin

Postby namesinspace » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:23am

Wow, Hobbsy. I know only too well what a huge task that is. Brilliant. The links you have there so far seem to work ok although I only tried a random three. The display looks good. Thanks!
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby hobbsy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:08am

I'm wondering if there's any interest in a 'listen again' section on the forum, whereby we could create a post for each show and embed the Archive audio on the first post. People could then discuss the show, and maybe help to catalogue/transcribe what happens in each episode. I just listened to the first 2 Keaveny shows to test out the embeds on the long list.

Maybe transcribing would be a bit OTT/mental, but maybe a few shows notes for each episode would help us track down "what show was that in" type of questions
hobbsy
Site Admin

Postby hobbsy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:34am

I think all Rapidshare links throughout the forum are now dead
Just been looking at the Big Mixtape section of the first post and removed the links
In case the file name helps identify the files for future uploaders, I will cut n paste the section I changed below:

I think we should move away from 4shared.com because they enforce a pre-roll advert, or if you browse their site with AdBlock enabled the embed doesn't work and I couldn't get the download to work either(?). I realise it would take forever/a lot of hard work for people to re-up them elsewhere though.

====

Adam Buxton's Big Mixtape

Radio (12)
2010.04.04 - Øddens (Feat. Julian Barratt) << 4shared link
2010.04.11 - Toddler Tunes (Feat. Gaz Coombes and Danny Goffey) << DEAD RAPIDSHARE LINK
2010.04.18 - Tanned Aid, Volume 1 (Feat. Garth Jennings) << DEAD RAPIDSHARE LINK
2010.04.25 - Jimmy Getaway (Feat. Louis Theroux) << DEAD RAPIDSHARE LINK
2010.05.02 - Wave of New Relations (Feat. Jon Ronson) << DEAD RAPIDSHARE LINK
2010.05.09 - Chill Cakes (Feat. Emmy the Great) << DEAD RAPIDSHARE LINK
2010.05.16 - Smiles Davis (Feat. Peter Serafinowicz) << DEAD RAPIDSHARE LINK
2010.05.23 - Responsibly Sourced Tunes (feat. Garth Jennings) << DEAD RAPIDSHARE LINK
2010.05.30 - The Splits (feat. Sharon Horgan) << DEAD RAPIDSHARE LINK
2010.06.06 - Ceci N'est Pas Une Mixtape (Feat. Graham Linehan) << DEAD RAPIDSHARE LINK
2010.06.13 - A Proper Mix Now (feat. Ken Korda) << DEAD RAPIDSHARE LINK
2010.06.20 - 2010: A Tape Odyssey (feat. Ed O'Brien) << DEAD RAPIDSHARE LINK

the filenames from the dead Rapidshare links were:

2010.04.11 - Adam_Buxtons_Big_Mixtape_-_Toddler_Tunes_Vol_1.mp3
2010.04.18 - Adam_Buxtons_Big_Mixtape_-_Tanned_Aid.MP3
2010.04.25 - Adam_Buxtons_Big_Mixtape_-_Jimmy_Getaway.mp3
2010.05.02 - Adam_Buxtons_Big_Mixtape_-_Wave_of_New_Relations.mp3
2010.05.09 - Adam_Buxtons_Big_Mixtape_-_Chill_Cakes.mp3
2010.05.16 - Adam_Buxtons_Big_Mixtape_-_Smiles_Davis.mp3
2010.05.23 - Adam_Buxtons_Big_Mixtape_-_Responsibly_Sourced_Tunes.mp3
2010.05.30 - Adam_Buxtons_Big_Mixtape_-_The_Splits.mp3
2010.06.06 - Adam_Buxtons_Big_Mixtape_-_Ceci_Nest_Pas_Une_Mixtape.mp3