One or two "new" XfM shows

All Adam and Joe related posts go in here

One or two "new" XfM shows

Postby widescreen » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:50am

UPDATED AND FIXED

I just discovered two XfM shows that my then girlfriend recorded and edited in 2004. I'm pretty sure they're not in circulation.

The first is from 2nd of October and it's a pretty good file. I would like to have edited it more smoothly but it was cut too tightly at the time. The ditties in the dock winner is sadly missing.

UPDATE: Apparently this was uploaded last year so may not be new to everyone:

EDIT 2014: the link below is dead
Code: Select all
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WF6JSJ0M

The second is from 23rd October. This one contains a few computer noises which are only sporadically irritating. More significantly, at about 18:50 the sound changes. At first I thought it slowed down but after speeding it up the pitch didn't improve so I don't know. If anyone can sort it out be my guest. Anyway, you get used to it after a minute. Again, Ditties in the dock winner missing.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G1XLYTUX

Enjoy!
Last edited by widescreen on Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:16pm, edited 2 times in total.
widescreen

Re: Two "new" XfM shows

Postby hobbsy » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:23am

thanks widescreen - grabbing these now :)
hobbsy
Site Admin

Postby hobbsy » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:35am

I'm pretty sure I've heard the 2nd Oct file -- "that was the news" bit at the beginning definitely sounds familiar. However I will bow to the superior knowledge of the a+j board regulars who will be able to tell you for sure

Is the link for the second file (23rd Oct) an mp3? it comes up as a download called "A" (no filetype). Seems to work in iTunes once renamed to A.mp3

Off to take a listen to them both, thanks again for uploading
hobbsy
Site Admin

Postby hobbsy » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:38am

oh... maybe they're familar because of the free (edited) XFM podcasts (as opposed to these actual show recordings). I'm an idiothole.
hobbsy
Site Admin

Postby widescreen » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:23pm

It's my first time doing this kind of thing and I don't know why the files are named as they are. I tried to change them to no avail. Of course you can name them what you like when you get them in iTunes.
widescreen

Postby namesinspace » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:28pm

For some reason, the second one named 'A' downloads 59MB but it says it's not a movie file. Is anyone else having a problem? The first file is fine and thanks so much for sharing these, once again!
doh - just read Hobbsy's post - I'll try that!
Brills - I hope you don't mind but I'm going to upload it again so that it's easier for everyone.....you're a star!

Hmm - struggling with Megaupload at the moment so I'll put it on Rapidshare for the time being.

http://rapidshare.com/files/440260424/A_JXFM231004.mp3
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby widescreen » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:02pm

Don't worry, should work now.
widescreen

Postby onthinice » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:03pm

Hey widescreen, Welcome. Thanks a million for this. It's really properly exciting, cheers. It's got the 1st ever crap commentry corner! Brilliant.

I think you're right about that 1st show 2-10-04 being familiar though Hobbsy. IIRC that was one of the eps that benjamin308 uplaoded last year in the each passing minute thread here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=257&start=30 (3rd post on this page is an unedited version).

But the one called "A" is brand spanking new to me so thats brilliant. It played fine in VLC nameinspace but it is strange that there's no file extension.

Once again thanks a million widescreen. It was such a disappointment after ben308 couldn't get his recordings working so it's a little xmas miracle to have a new xfm episode.
onthinice
Black Squadron

Postby namesinspace » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:06pm

Thanks for sorting that file, Widescreen!
namesinspace
Site Admin

Re: One or two "new" XfM shows

Postby benjula » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:34pm

brilliant, cant wait to hear this!, yeah we've got the first one but yeah that's 1 new show which is amazing!
benjula
Black Squadron

Next

Return to Black Squadron