The BUG thread

All Adam and Joe related posts go in here

Re: The BUG thread

Postby hobbsy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:02pm

There's a competition to win a pair of tickets to Manchester BUG on SeeTickets' Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 571&type=1

SEE Tickets
We have 2 pairs of tickets to give away for BUG with Adam Buxton coming at Manchester's Royal Northern College of Music on 15th and 16th of May.

To win just type the Adam & Joe appropriate response to the following exclamation - "STEPHEN!"
Write your response in the comments and we'll pick 2 winners on Friday at 5pm. Please note which night you wish to attend - 15th or 16th.

More info on the shows here:
http://www.seetickets.com/search?q=adam+buxton&search
hobbsy
Site Admin

Postby namesinspace » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:50am

A few notes about last night's Bowie Special

http://bogginsnuggets.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... uxton.html

I hope Chris Salt's Lego film goes online soon. :lol:
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby The Saltman » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:22am

He's asked me to keep it off the 'tube for a few months so it can remain a bit of a surprise for any upcoming shows he thinks he can slot it into. It should be up before the end of the year, hopefully. Until then, the only way to see it is probably going to be the touring Best of BUGs.
The Saltman

Postby namesinspace » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:24pm

Ah that's good news really. I'm happy to think he'll try to include it other shows. It's much better seeing it on a bigger screen. Are you able to get to one of his Northern shows, Chris?
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby hobbsy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:32pm

I can no longer make the two BUG Manchester shows ('Best Of' and 'Radiohead') so I am having to sell my tickets.

I bought them through WeGotTickets - would anyone like to buy them (face value). They're not sold out but I can transfer them into your name on WeGotTickets. They were £17.60 each ticket (£16.00 + £1.60 b/fee), so I paid £35.20 in total. :/
hobbsy
Site Admin

Postby namesinspace » Wed May 01, 2013 11:56am

Good grief, Hobbsy! That's a great shame. So sorry, mate.
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby hobbsy » Wed May 01, 2013 12:31pm

yeah I know :/

I also can't now make The Postal Service gig in Manchester so I have my ticket going spare for that. In an effort to sell my BUG tickets I think I am going to try and sell all 3 together (face value). Postal Service tickets are massively sold out so that might help me.
hobbsy
Site Admin

Postby namesinspace » Thu May 02, 2013 9:59am

John Thorp spoke to Adam on the phone for this interview in preparation for the Manchester gigs.
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby namesinspace » Sun May 12, 2013 12:13pm

There have been one or two reports from the recent gigs online this week. I'll go back and find them.

In the meantime, this is at The Observer online.

Don't forget Hobbsy has a couple of tix for the Manchester shows that he'd love to sell on to someone. Make him an offer here or @Hobbsy.
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby namesinspace » Thu May 30, 2013 10:10am

Longtime Adam and Joe fan, Simon Button wrote about BUG on this blog.

This was an older piece from the Film4 Blog.

Yuppee have a piece about the Best Of tour.

This was in the Leeds List and Sean Murricane wrote quite a detailed piece about the Creative Networks talk.

I can't find any really specific reviews of the Manchester shows.....which was the reason I was looking around so that Hobbsy could catch up. That said, he's probably found some himself by now!

It's also worth noting here that Adam has put episodes 1 - 4 of the TV BUG on his YouTube channel. You can find them on the other thread.
namesinspace
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Black Squadron