Which is your favourite Adam and Joe radio feature?

All Adam and Joe related posts go in here

Which is your favourite Adam and Joe radio feature?

Anecdotties
No votes
Celebrity Regression
38%
Crap Commentary Corner
23%
Each Passing Minute
8%
Movie Lingo Bingo
No votes
OTTFX
No votes
Song Wars
31%
Pop Psychology
No votes
Crap Accents
No votes
Rock 'n' Real or Rock 'n' Rubs
No votes

Total votes : 13

Re: Which is your favourite Adam and Joe radio feature?

Postby Dave » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:14pm

SONG WARS!
:D
Dave

Postby The J. Dog » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:16pm

fish heads wrote:
Retinend wrote:Song Wars - BBC6Music's only feature.

What about the one time only Pop Psychology from a few weeks ago (I think they realised that was a bit rubbish) - or the recent Juvenillia, which also seems to have been forgotten - although i think that is wickles, especially the jingle.

I haven't listened to all the XFM shows, and I certainly haven't listened to any more than once, but wasn't that radio 4 thing on more than one week, it's just we only have one recording of it. I'm sure there are a few weeks skipped between the initial broadcast of every passing minute and the next available show. I only say that because I'm sure Joe says that every passing minute isnt on this week, but it will be back the week after (even though it isn't) which meant they must have been doing it in the meantime.

Anyway, good topic man!

Oh, reading this just reminded me of a feature I loved but they only done it once. :(

They got people to call up and try and either pretend they were from somewhere else with their accent, or just speak normally. I cant think how to explain it, but it was good!
The J. Dog

Postby fish heads » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:19pm

The J. Dog wrote:Oh, reading this just reminded me of a feature I loved but they only done it once. :(

They got people to call up and try and either pretend they were from somewhere else with their accent, or just speak normally. I cant think how to explain it, but it was good!

Oh yes, the accent fooling game - that was hilarious. I always love the lads accent chats. Then they got an accent coach on the week after to judge Joe's aussie accent!
fish heads
Black Squadron

Postby Retinend » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:34pm

fish heads wrote:
Retinend wrote:Song Wars - BBC6Music's only feature.

What about the one time only Pop Psychology from a few weeks ago (I think they realised that was a bit rubbish) - or the recent Juvenillia, which also seems to have been forgotten - although i think that is wickles, especially the jingle.

I haven't listened to all the XFM shows, and I certainly haven't listened to any more than once, but wasn't that radio 4 thing on more than one week, it's just we only have one recording of it. I'm sure there are a few weeks skipped between the initial broadcast of every passing minute and the next available show. I only say that because I'm sure Joe says that every passing minute isnt on this week, but it will be back the week after (even though it isn't) which meant they must have been doing it in the meantime.

Anyway, good topic man!

Pop Psychology... I had forgotten that, fair cop (probably because it wasn't that good). I'll add it to the OP - not sure if I can change the poll, though.

Junvenillia - I did remember this, but I counted it as an extension of a Text the Nation, which doesn't involve Adam or Joe.

I asked someone who actually heard the Xfm shows when they went out, and he said that Each Passing Minute only lasted one week. He might have missed the other shows, though. I hope that it did only last one week, because it was bloody brilliant, and I hate the idea that I have no way of hearing later instalments.
Retinend
Black Squadron

Postby fish heads » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:43pm

Retinend wrote:Junvenillia - I did remember this, but I counted it as an extension of a Text the Nation, which doesn't involve Adam or Joe.

I asked someone who actually heard the Xfm shows when they went out, and he said that Each Passing Minute only lasted one week. He might have missed the other shows, though. I hope that it did only last one week, because it was bloody brilliant, and I hate the idea that I have no way of hearing later instalments.

That's fair enough. I was only going off a vague memory anyway, but thought it was worth saying. It is annoying going through that early stuff and looking at the dates and then listening to them and they talk about something that they talked about the week before and you have no way of hearing it.

I'm just glad we have so much archive stuff in the first place though, so can't complain.
fish heads
Black Squadron

Postby Lazy wolf eyes » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:34pm

Retinend wrote:http://www.adamandjoe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3

Download all the available Xfm shows here.

You're a star, thank you.
Lazy wolf eyes

Postby PeepingTom » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:56pm

fish heads wrote:
The J. Dog wrote:Oh, reading this just reminded me of a feature I loved but they only done it once. :(

Oh yes, the accent fooling game - that was hilarious. I always love the lads accent chats. Then they got an accent coach on the week after to judge Joe's aussie accent!

LMAOed at the guy who came on doing a sh*te Jamaican accent. Was this the show with Roger Moore on it?
PeepingTom
Black Squadron

Postby The J. Dog » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:00pm

PeepingTom wrote:
fish heads wrote:

LMAOed at the guy who came on doing a sh*te Jamaican accent. Was this the show with Roger Moore on it?

Yeah, I think it was because I can remember that show quite well. I texted in a question for Roger when they were asking for questions. I asked "Is Roger a towel theif?" (based on an alan partridge thing). They didn't ask any listener questions in the end :P
The J. Dog

Postby hobbsy » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:10pm

benjula wrote:and how odd i actually made this topic a few days ago but was too much of an idiot hole to figure out how to put a poll.

benjula - does the forum not let you start a poll on here?
I may need to change some settings if so?
hobbsy
Site Admin

Postby hobbsy » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:14pm

I think they should speak to more listeners live on air. A+J are ace at interviewing and interacting with callers.
hobbsy
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Black Squadron