Will they ever return to Radio?

All Adam and Joe related posts go in here

Will they ever return to Radio?

Postby visiontwist » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:08pm

Joe has moved onto bigger and better things with his various movie projects. Adam seems to be getting on well with his solo stuff. He was great on 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown. :lol:

Has it been too long a break?

Can 6music afford to have them back financially?

If they do ever return, when do you think it will be?

Even a run of 8 shows would satisfy me. Miss their shows so much. Best radio presenting duo ever imo.
visiontwist

Re: Will they ever return to Radio?

Postby namesinspace » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:07am

My two-penneth:

I think we have to face the fact that if they did return for a short season, it would not have the momentum gained by their run between 2008 and 2009. That show grew and blossomed in a way that only longevity can produce.

SO it would have a different feel to it and without regular contact, their interaction would be more investigatory, I suppose, which would be fun because Adam would ask a lot of questions and Joe would be vague about his answers ;)

I don't see it happening in the next few years but they may be glad of a cuddly diversion in their dotage :lol:

They know the deal with the BBC. 6Music carries a kudos that transcends the tiny remunerations given for short-run contributors. It wouldn't have seemed like that in the old days but it certainly does now.
namesinspace
Site Admin

Re: Will they ever return to Radio?

Postby Purple Person » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:21am

Every Saturday morning I wake up and for a brief, beautiful half-second I still believe it's time for Adam and Joe, and then the reality of this post-apocalyptic world comes crushing down upon my head and I reluctantly turn on Dave to watch repeats of Storage Hunters.

I still believe they'll come back in some form, because without hope there is only despair.

Text the nation, text text text...
Purple Person

Return to Black Squadron