New Idea for Summer Break - 7 Of The Best

All Adam and Joe related posts go in here

New Idea for Summer Break - 7 Of The Best

Postby fish heads » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:06am

So of course we're all devastated by A&J's summer break (we're only human after all) but I was thinking to myself there has to be a way to combat the lack of the lads and came up with this idea.

OK we know they are away for around 7 weeks, so what I propose is that we take 7 of the best A&J radio shows and listen to them and analyse them - one a week starting each Saturday at 9am - and just generally talk about how they good they are.

Now I know this sounds a bit similar to the rewind thing that some people have been doing and that's gone a bit quiet. However there are a couple of differences here - firstly the debate we can have about what shows to pick- even if it never gets past the listening stage, that's fun right? Secondly it's only 7 weeks worth, so people won't get behind too fast - plus no regular show to listen to so (almost no excuse). Plus with the original "rewind" the shows haven't hit their stride yet. With the best ones picked out more people will want to join in - and since the community is still only small we can keep it nudging along for only 7 weeks - I hope.

Hobbsy could put it on the front page each week, telling people who what where why etc, make it a real fansite event - maybe make mini-posters saying "Missing A&J - then listen to 7 of the best" or something.

Maybe it's a bit OTT and maybe it'll die on it's arse but DAMMIT IT'S AN IDEA! Anyone else interested? Comments/suggestions below - XFM and 6 Music.
fish heads
Black Squadron

Re: New Idea for Summer Break - 7 Of The Best

Postby benjula » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:28am

yeah kinda gave up with the rewind, noone seemed that into it, i'm all for this as an A&J fanatic.
benjula
Black Squadron

Postby lazybones » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:08pm

I'm well up for this, (but of course due to work I won't listen at 9 a.m. - I'm not part of black squadron :( )
Maybe we should create a list of the shows we think are best induvidually then vote for them with a poll?
My suggestions:

Both Christmas specials (will that be weird?) [22/12/07 and 20/12/08]
    Inter festive show, with The Saltman, Garth and AmblerGambler (worth it for the story about Adam locking his son in a dark room alone) [27/12/08]
    Original Stephen! episode with Birthday songwars (no explanation needed really) [17/05/08]
    The show where Dr. Sexy wins (for the shameless flirting with the 1xtra D.J. next door, even more funnier when listening to the Russell Howard and Jon Richardson show broadcast the next day - they offered her tracker bars) [10/05/08]
    With a TTN of pranks on teachers (for Joe's story about his Ghostbuster prank, I wish I was listening at this time so I could tell them how we nearly gave them one a breakdown) [19/04/2008]
    TTN for T-short slogans and Quantam of Solace songwars [02/08/08]

I'll probably suggest some more later if I think of some more.
lazybones
Black Squadron

Postby namesinspace » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:30pm

You're mad. I love you :P
I'll try to join in. Would we be doing full shows or just edited?
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby fish heads » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:06pm

Woops, I totally forgot about this - but I don't think many people are up for it though sadly.

Great suggestions though Lazybones - the Christmas specials would be a must for me as well!
fish heads
Black Squadron

Postby 2plus2isjoe » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:40pm

I absolutely love this idea, those suggestions are brilliant, all my favourites!
2plus2isjoe

Return to Black Squadron