The Complete Adam & Joe Radio Show Reference List

Testing a new feature on the board

Re: The Complete Adam & Joe Radio Show Reference List

Postby hobbsy » Wed May 14, 2014 10:19am

not sure if this has already been posted in this thread but...

https://soundcloud.com/adam_and_joe
hobbsy
Site Admin

Postby namesinspace » Thu May 15, 2014 5:31pm

I don't think it has. It's the BBC's SC account and I never thought to look there for A&J. It's the same ones that they have on iTunes still but it'll please Buxty to think they're not lost in the podcast past. Of course, you can embed these beauties nicely too.
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby daremo » Fri May 23, 2014 1:12pm

Hi everyone

I've just put all my A&J stuff up here: http://www.adamandjoearchive.org/
These files are from various sources. Mostly UKNova, TheBox and from here. Some of them are my own iPlayer rips.

There's probably nothing there you haven't seen before, but you might find better audio quality in some cases. I've tried my best over the years to only keep the ones that have acceptable audio quality. A lot of the files in the OP list I've noticed are 64kbps or just bad rips, unfortunately (these are the ones marked as "bad quality").

What I ultimately intend to do with the site is do some sort of soundcloud-like site for the A&J shows, but make it easy to navigate, remember playback position, playcount and all sorts of stuff.
I'm getting back into web development after several years away from it, and intend to use this as a learning project for html5 and javascript.

Oh and feel free to fix any broken links in the OP with these. It's hosted on my own server with an upload limit of 3TB per month, so I'm not worried about any bandwidth issues.
daremo

Postby namesinspace » Sat May 24, 2014 9:51am

Daremo! Excellent stuff.

Given the mess we've had over the years with Rapidfire etc I think it's good to have these files in as many places as possible. I certainly got a whole load of edited versions from dear ol' Nova so we're probably on the same quality there. I've tried to note anything less than 128K in the OP but I'm not sure I have the energy to go through and compare them :)

Thank you xxx
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby Mr Phillby » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:03am

It's come to my attention that recent additons to my website have broken directory access to the shows I uploaded to Planetscraper.net.

To fix this, I've set up an extremly barebones website at http://www.planetscraper.net/adamandjoe ... index.html so the files can be accessed again. All existing links to Planetscraper.net/adamandjoeradioshows and subdirectories will need to have /index.html appended in order to function again.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Mr Phillby

Postby namesinspace » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:05pm

Thanks Mr Phillby!
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby hobbsy » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:01pm

Mr Phillby wrote:It's come to my attention that recent additons to my website have broken directory access to the shows I uploaded to Planetscraper.net.

probably a bit late now but you can re-enable directory access in your .htaccess file
eg. http://viralpatel.net/blogs/htaccess-di ... y-listing/
hobbsy
Site Admin

Postby bearfacedlie » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:04pm

Hey. A lot of the download links no longer work. I am looking for a copy of every single A&J radio show going, ideally unedited.
Can anyone help me?
bearfacedlie

Postby hobbsy » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:26pm

bearfacedlie wrote:Hey. A lot of the download links no longer work. I am looking for a copy of every single A&J radio show going, ideally unedited.
Can anyone help me?

Have you tried Planet Scraper's links?
http://www.planetscraper.net/adamandjoe ... index.html

which ones aren't working on the forum list?
hobbsy
Site Admin

Postby namesinspace » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:27pm

bearfacedlie wrote:Hey. A lot of the download links no longer work. I am looking for a copy of every single A&J radio show going, ideally unedited.
Can anyone help me?

I've hit a few random links from all over the catalogue and they all seem to work for me - a mixture of 4Shared and Archive.org. It would be very helpful to know which ones you had a problem with.

I can see I need to get around to upping the full Big Mix Tape shows.
namesinspace
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Listen Again