Adam & Joe on XFM Radio - The Almost Complete List

All Adam and Joe related posts go in here

Re: Adam & Joe on XFM Radio - The Almost Complete List

Postby namesinspace » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:08pm

With thanks to About Last Friday, there should be links to all the edited shows and podcasts in the first thread now.
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby About Last Friday » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:46am

An absolute pleasure. This Thursday, when I have some time to myself, I'd like to upload my small collection of full XFM shows from 2005. Which host would you guys prefer that I use for this: Mediafire or Rapidshare?
About Last Friday

Postby jimk » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:43am

What are the dates the podcasts were originally posted?
jimk

Postby namesinspace » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:41pm

About Last Friday wrote:An absolute pleasure. This Thursday, when I have some time to myself, I'd like to upload my small collection of full XFM shows from 2005. Which host would you guys prefer that I use for this: Mediafire or Rapidshare?

I think Rapidshare is preferred of those two unless you feel like starting a free 4shared account. Thanks!
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby namesinspace » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:52pm

jimk wrote:What are the dates the podcasts were originally posted?

As per the XFM Website (cached version) but I'm not sure the first few were all released on the same day.

Adam & Joe Xfm Podcast - 20
Added on 10 October 2006 at 15.23
An extra long podcast to conclude the first series finds Adam & Joe taking a train journey, discussing Dragon's Den, improving parties, the laziness of zoo animals and more!

Adam & Joe Xfm Podcast - 19
Added on 26 September 2006 at 10.29
Diversity is the key this week. Subjects include, cash machine etiquette, Bob Dylan fancying Alicia Keys, the price of Harley Street hand jobs and Jimmy BigNuts Investigates…

Adam & Joe Xfm Podcast - 18
Added on 18 September 2006 at 14.58
The boys consider introducing a 'Jackass' element to their work, plus they discuss pigeon bumteeth and rework Robbie Williams' 'Rudebox' to excellent effect.

Adam & Joe Xfm Podcast - 17
Added on 01 September 2006 at 17.50
WARNING: Listeners who may take offence to two people discussing the career, talents and life of Colin Farrell in an entirely unsympathetic manner should avoid downloading this podcast.

Adam & Joe Xfm Podcast - 16
Added on 29 August 2006 at 16.45
This week's topics include James Cameron's undersea toilet mission and surprise willy slipper paranoia, all while being nude... In France.

Adam & Joe Xfm Podcast - 15
Added on 19 August 2006 at 13.25
Adam and Joe brave the new threat alerts for a boring flight to Los Angeles, try to get help for their worrying Jaffa Cake addiction and ban horror cliches.

Adam & Joe Xfm Podcast - 14
Added on 14 August 2006 at 16.40
Adam and Joe present their podcast from inside Sainsburys this week along with a brilliant break down of Joe's recent trip to L.A and another Crap Commentary featuring an Arnie classic.

Adam & Joe Xfm Podcast - 13
Added on 04 August 2006 at 15.59
Adam pitilessly mocks Joe's limited knowledge of pop music, alongside another celebrity regression and a fit of giggles sets in during a request for Family Affair.

Adam & Joe Xfm Podcast - 12
Added on 27 July 2006 at 17.02
This week from inside the Tate Modern the boys discuss music vids, Jaffa cakes, talking like your Dad and Joe gives an depth review of the new Superman film.

Adam & Joe Xfm Podcast - 11
Added on 21 July 2006 at 16.45
Special quiz podcast this week. You could win a prize if you can identify the famous film star featured in Adam and Joe's Celebrity Regression.

Adam & Joe Xfm Podcast - 10
Added on 14 July 2006 at 17.34
It’s a litany of anguish and carnage this week as the boys discuss accidental animal death, this week, all live from the Northern Line on The London Underground.

Adam & Joe Xfm Podcast - 9
Added on 06 July 2006 at 17.44
This week's subjects include one's nuts falling off, stupid pilots and McDonald’s propaganda, all live from the swimming pool at the Halliwell Leisure Center.

Adam & Joe Xfm Podcast - 8
Added on 06 July 2006 at 17.38
They're back! They're back! Shout it from the highest rooftops! Adam & Joe are back doing their radio show on London's 104.9Xfm on Saturday July 8 from 10am-1pm!

Adam & Joe Xfm Podcast - 7
Added on 23 June 2006 at 11.46
The boy discuss the World Cup (in a manner of speaking), the tiny penis email phenomenon (aka Winky Spam) and there's another Celebrity Regression.

Adam & Joe Xfm Podcast - 6
Added on 15 June 2006 at 12.52
Adam deconstructs Joe’s frankly multi-textured teenage travelogue, the boys discuss Satanism in Sainsburys and movies for people that ‘think’.

Adam & Joe Xfm Podcast - 5
Added on 07 June 2006 at 13.07
The boys discuss chinking, the demise of Golden Wonder crisps, Big Brother (without watching it), TV series 'Lost' and its stylophone workout time.

Adam & Joe Xfm Podcast - 4
Added on 02 May 2006 at 15.19
Adam decides 'Dick & Dom In Da Bungalow’ needs more highbrow content and hear a game of Crap Commentary Corner - All live from Chatres Cathedral.

Adam & Joe Xfm Podcast - 3
Added on 02 May 2006 at 15.16
There’s a discussion about Easter eggs and Billie Piper, while Adam relives his terrible improv audition. Plus, can you guess the Celebrity Regression?

Adam & Joe Xfm Podcast - 2
Added on 02 May 2006 at 15.14
Hear Joe’s celebrity news, check up the Franz Ferdinand booty mash up and experience the now-legendary critique of R Kelly’s hip hop concept album ‘In The Closet’.

Adam & Joe Xfm Podcast - 1
Added on 02 May 2006 at 15.12
Enjoy a deconstruction of the Crazy Frog phenomenon, a discussion of cushy TV jobs, crap collector’s editions and a frankly staggering game of ‘Anecdoties’.
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby jimk » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:50pm

Thanks. Is there another source for the dates of the first few?
jimk

Postby namesinspace » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:42pm

The iTunes dates are even more misleading.

Does anyone else remember how they were released? It's hard to even apply logic because there are six weeks between the first and fifth pod dates.

Just out of curiosity, why is it important to you ? :D
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby jimk » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:23pm

Just out of curiosity, why is it important to you ?

I'm just a big fan of Adam and Joe and like to keep their podcasts on file (along with their date of publication).

Btw. it's a shame that the XFM podcasts are only 64kbps.
jimk

Postby namesinspace » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:54am

:D there are a lot of archivist brains on this forum.

It's very frustrating to listen to the 64 kbs recordings but back in those days, we put up with a lot of shit ;)

I listened to 'series 2' last night and it still makes me feel uncomfortable sometimes. I'm so happy they settled back into their friendship properly when they got comfy at 6Music.
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby hobbsy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:43pm

Dead links to multiupload have been removed

XFM seem to have deleted/removed their Adam and Joe pages on their site, so I've removed the links to these
hobbsy
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Black Squadron