Joe Cornish will direct 'Attack The Block'

All Adam and Joe related posts go in here

Re: Joe Cornish will 'Attack The Block'

Postby namesinspace » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:26pm

Just bumping this thread as shooting I'm thinking shooting will start in the next couple of weeks. Break a leg, Joe and have some fun too.
namesinspace
Site Admin

'Attack the block' a sitcom?

Postby KaptainK » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:30am

More info from Empire Online...

http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=27388

Good to see everything is going ahead.
Last edited by namesinspace on Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:54pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved this in here because the 'sitcom' thread is misleading.
KaptainK

Postby namesinspace » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:56pm

I can't be trusted to post anything about this film because I am a) too excited about it and b) trying not to find out too much before I see it.

The IMDB is still showing a 2010 date which means the post production will be intense. I hope that doesn't keep him away from 6Music for longer but the film will be his priority.
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby namesinspace » Wed May 19, 2010 1:01pm

Just in case you have better things to do with your time than look at my silly blog or tweets, Attack the Block has probably wrapped.

The IMDB has fairly comprehensive details now and Big Talk have revamped their site so it actually says it's 'in production' somewhere :) It said it was in pre-production all through the shoot so in BT terms, that's an update!

A 3 minute reel was made for the marketeers at Cannes and Nick Frost said it had wrapped when he spoke to Lauren Laverne this morning. Nick wrapped his scenes last Wednesday but that might not necessarily mean the entire shoot was done though it's very likely it has now.

I can't find a release date anywhere and the '2010' at the IMDB is not worth the ether it's posted on. I mention this because there are no clues about how tight the post production schedule is going to be - i.e. whether the pressure might ease off Joe enough in the next couple of months for him to be able to return to Saturday mornings with Adam. I think it's way too early for anyone (least of all us) to work that out and Andrew Collins has implied that his show with Richard or ANO is 'ongoing'.

I don't write with any authority, of course.
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby fish heads » Thu May 20, 2010 10:46pm

namesinspace wrote:I mention this because there are no clues about how tight the post production schedule is going to be - i.e. whether the pressure might ease off Joe enough in the next couple of months for him to be able to return to Saturday mornings with Adam. I think it's way too early for anyone (least of all us) to work that out and Andrew Collins has implied that his show with Richard or ANO is 'ongoing'.

Another clue for us all - went to see Richard Herring reading his new book today and in the signing queue in front of me asked when Adam & Joe would be back and he said he and Andrew are 100% confirmed until August - even then the only reason they aren't doing it then is because they are in Edinburgh doing the fringe. He said they will probably start covering again in September as 6 Music really like the show apparently, but nothing was confirmed either way. He did seem to imply A&J would be back this year though - I'd guess anytime from late Oct onwards but it's only a pure guess
fish heads
Black Squadron

Postby KaptainK » Thu May 20, 2010 11:20pm

Great news about Collins and Herring

I love A & J but the Andrew and Richard are excellent replacements. I'm a big fan of the Collings and Herrin podcasts and it's even more fun seeing them having to toe the line to keep with the standards of the Big British Castle. Some of the stuff which Richard gets away with is pretty incredible, mostly because it is quite clever in how it's delivered.
KaptainK

Postby namesinspace » Fri May 21, 2010 1:36pm

oh fish heads, I sort of wish I hadn't read that. Despite all evidence to the contrary, I've been really hoping Adam and Joe might be able to just do the Glastonbury weekend. :cry:

I might say that I think it was very insensitive for that person in front of you to couch their question like that. Surely it would have been better to ask how much longer would Richard be doing the 6Music show :?

I enjoy Andrew and Richard well enough. Despite the fact that they say they are in no way trying to emulate Adam and Joe, I think their show format is currently too similar to have a place in the schedule concurrently. I'd love to see them take the Lamb slot but that would be insane. I am sure 6Music are delighted with what they are doing and from their point of view, they're an absolute godsend to fill such a delicate gap. That said, 6 will want their award winning chuckle-buddies back as soon as possible.

I know it's silly but I'm starting to feel a bit sick when I think of how much longer we might need to wait. I don't have any gripe with Collins and Herring at all but I miss Adam and Joe so much. I love Adam's show and he has a beautiful rapport with his wonderful guests but I miss how he is with Joe and I miss Joe more than is probably healthy for me :oops:

There - I said it. It was my way of bringing this thread back on topic :lol:
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby namesinspace » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:17pm

Getting the thread back on track a little bit ......
One thoughtful film blogger grabbed a quote from Joe while he was at the Scott Pilgrim premiere.
Standing in the press pen at the Scott Pilgrim vs. The World premiere, I saw Joe Cornish passing by and called him over. I asked for some updates on Attack the Block and why the footage promised at Movie-Con had been pulled at the last minute.

JC: It’s going very well, but we just weren’t ready (for Moviecon). We’re taking a new approach: we’re not going to give in to the hunger of the fans. You won’t see anything until it’s ready. Is that bad? Do you want to eat undercooked food? Dneg (Double Negative, the FX company working on the film, particularly its creatures) are superb. The cast were brilliant.

When asked what he has in the pipeline, Cornish candidly replied: A nice holiday. That’s what I’ve got in the pipeline.
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby namesinspace » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:23pm

I wasn't going to be rude enough ;) to scan the piece in this month's hard copy of Empire but Playlist have covered bits from it. I say 'bits'. They may have copied the entire thing (with due credit, of course) but I'm not brave enough to read either. I'm not going to be able to maintain my spoiler-free zone much longer, am I?
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby namesinspace » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:19pm

The Film Distributors' Association have updated today with a release date of 8th April 2011 for Attack The Block.
This is not set in stone and I've known Optimum move stuff around quite a bit but it bodes well that they're putting something in there. Hopefully, it means Joe is on schedule & he'll be able to make a firm date for the return to the radio. I'm dreaming here, of course.
namesinspace
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Black Squadron