The Complete Adam & Joe Radio Show Reference List

Testing a new feature on the board

Re: The Complete Adam & Joe Radio Show Reference List

Postby rspa66 » Tue May 09, 2017 4:10pm

In the past week I have downloaded and organised/tagged all the episodes and podcasts I could find, which means (I think) everything except the ones I mentioned.

I am very happy to upload them somewhere like archive.org or whatever. I have spent a lot of time on it (I have a certain amount of correct-tag-information obsession) and I'm happy to share it.

EDIT RE mentioned XFM thread:
those links all appear to be to 4shared, not archive.org, but the episodes which are listed as unavailable in the thread are indeed unavailable on archive.org (or anywhere else) so I don't know if it's possible to dig them up anywhere.
rspa66

Postby hobbsy » Tue May 09, 2017 9:35pm

rspa66 wrote:EDIT RE mentioned XFM thread: those links all appear to be to 4shared, not archive.org, but the episodes which are listed as unavailable in the thread are indeed unavailable on archive.org (or anywhere else) so I don't know if it's possible to dig them up anywhere.

I think the XFM thread ("Adam and Joe on XFM Radio (The Almost Complete List)") is quite old and outdated but I was testing out pinning it to the top of the forum earlier today. It does provides a list of all the XFM shows that we've never had mp3 versions of (and outdated links to download the rest). I've annotated that list today with "dead link" or "working link" alongside each.

I think the XFM links on this thread you are currently looking at (ie "The Complete Adam & Joe Radio Show Reference List") has a different set of download links (but some of those are broken too). Also the XFM list on here only contains shows where downloads exist.

(Not sure if that makes sense)

In summary - you are correct, there are XFM shows that were never captured (hopefully someone will have recorded them to cassette back in the day?)
hobbsy
Site Admin

Postby hobbsy » Tue May 09, 2017 9:44pm

rspa66 wrote:In the past week I have downloaded and organised/tagged all the episodes and podcasts I could find, which means (I think) everything except the ones I mentioned.

I am very happy to upload them somewhere like archive.org or whatever. I have spent a lot of time on it (I have a certain amount of correct-tag-information obsession) and I'm happy to share it.

It would be great to see what you have and how you've sorted everything.

Maybe a community Mega account could be created -- might be a good place to drop your nicely organized & tagged files?

Maybe a collaborative Google Documents spreadsheet would help also?

I'm just taking a look at Daremo's site ( http://www.adamandjoearchive.org/ ) to try and make sense of what is out there
hobbsy
Site Admin

Postby rspa66 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:25am

Over the next few days I will make a google docs spreadsheet with everything I have tagged so we can see if there's anything incorrect/missing (beyond what seems to be lost forever).

My A&J folder is 23GB so that's a good reference for finding somewhere to upload
rspa66

Postby hobbsy » Wed May 10, 2017 5:41pm

I just messaged Daremo and he's given permission to deeplink to each file on his site, so I will update the first post with alternate download links at some point this month. The speeds maxxed out my connection - crazy fast! Think his collection came to 20.07GB in total.
hobbsy
Site Admin

Postby namesinspace » Wed May 10, 2017 9:39pm

rspa66 wrote:Does anyone know where I could find the following podcasts (not edited live show)?

2009.06.06 - RTTN (too disgusting to put in the real podcast) - BBC link doesn't seem to host the file
2009.10.31 - The End of Boggins? (v2) - 4shared link is broken

I'm pretty sure I have these but I'm up against it until the weekend. I see a couple more long posts on this thread which I'll also look through at the weekend. x
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby namesinspace » Wed May 10, 2017 9:40pm

hobbsy wrote:I just messaged Daremo and he's given permission to deeplink to each file on his site, so I will update the first post with alternate download links at some point this month. The speeds maxxed out my connection - crazy fast! Think his collection came to 20.07GB in total.
Excellent.
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby rspa66 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:04pm

namesinspace wrote:I'm pretty sure I have these but I'm up against it until the weekend. I see a couple more long posts on this thread which I'll also look through at the weekend. x

That would be awesome, thanks!

hobbsy wrote:I just messaged Daremo and he's given permission to deeplink to each file on his site, so I will update the first post with alternate download links at some point this month. The speeds maxxed out my connection - crazy fast! Think his collection came to 20.07GB in total.

That's great. We should coordinate to upload the tagged files either there or to a new place.
rspa66

Postby namesinspace » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:18am

Really sorry I haven't got around to this yet. Life has overtaken me. It's still sitting in my dock like a dirty reminder. :oops:
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby namesinspace » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:18am

Hello......I've finally got about an hour to look at this thread.

First of all, the RTTN link IS working at the BBC. It my have been down during the transfer.

It is here http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/adamandjoe/2 ... tion.shtml and that's the link in the original post.
namesinspace
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Listen Again