Film

Chat about anything non-Adam and Joe related in here

Re: Film

Postby PeepingTom » Sat May 02, 2009 8:13am

Retinend wrote:Also, LIFEFORCE, mentioned a couple of times by Joe nostalgically, IS very fun to watch (as is that girl)

Hehe, love that film. And not just 'cause it was the 1st time I'd seen a fully naked lady :D (or was that Jenny Agutter in Walkabout?)

Retinend wrote:THE THING (best looking effects in film, incredibly suspenseful, JC's best film)

Probably my fave horror movie. I have it on HD-DVD (Yeah, I chose the right format).

My tastes are pretty Hollywood mainstream. Think I'd have to say Aliens was my favorite ever film, and I live movies like Bladerunner, Pans Labyrinth, Shaun of the Dead, The Crow, Big Fish..err.. the Naked Gun movies... :D I use Lovefilm now so have a steady stream of dodgy movies being sent to me. We have Carrie to watch atm, as the mrs has never seen it.
PeepingTom
Black Squadron

Postby jakasembung » Sat May 02, 2009 9:11am

The Thing is indeed great. I read somewhere it's getting rereleased later in the year so I hope to get to see it in an actual cinema.

Other 80s horrors that can be endlessly rewatched include An American Werewolf In London, The Howling and Re-Animator.

Film is my major obsession and I am starting a film studies degree in September. I can talk about films (especially slightly obscure genre stuff, check out the DVD label Mondo Macabro for some really amazing stuff) for hours.
jakasembung

Postby The J. Dog » Sat May 02, 2009 4:29pm

Well, recent films I love include "In The Loop"& "The Boat That Rocked" was a jolly good watch.

The greatest film ever in my opinion is "Life Of Brian", which is closely followed by "The Holy Grail"
The J. Dog

Postby benjula » Sun May 03, 2009 10:53pm

Just watched gregorys girl, great film.
benjula
Black Squadron

Postby Retinend » Sun May 03, 2009 10:54pm

benjula wrote:Just watched gregorys girl, great film.

Yeah! Very sweet.
Retinend
Black Squadron

Postby boggles » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:45am

Saw Antichrist recently which is a very shocking film, but very good with two brilliant performances by Willem Defoe and Charlotte Gainsburg.

And yesterday we watched The Crazies at the cinema cos I had some money and felt like going out. Really good 'zombie' film, although they are technically not zombies because they dont come back from the dead.
boggles

Postby sporty1 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:37pm

The Bicycle Thieves, by Vittorio de Sica. And also Shall We Dance, by Masayuki Suo.

[edited by hobbsy] DO NOT POST SEO SPAMLINKS IN YOUR MESSAGES
Last edited by sporty1 on Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:44am, edited 1 time in total.
sporty1

Postby sporty1 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:03am

'Let the Right One In' s indeed an excellent film. One of the best horrors I've seen in a while.
sporty1

Postby hobbsy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:09am

[deleted more spambots]

Please note this board is actively monitored and any spammers will be deleted and their IP+email address banned.
hobbsy
Site Admin

Postby adamneve » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:19pm

jakasembung wrote:A while back Joe recommended Let The Right One In on the show. It's out now and having seen it I can confirm Joe was right. It's excellent.

Yeah I really liked this film, I recommened it to alot of my friends, plus I really don't see why they had to make and american version of the film! :?
adamneve

PreviousNext

Return to The Idiot Hole