Favourite TV/ Radio comedy?..

Chat about anything non-Adam and Joe related in here

Re: Favourite TV/ Radio comedy?..

Postby PeepingTom » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:40pm

PeepingTom wrote:Have just got around to watching The IT Crowd, is pretty good. Bill Crouse on episode 5 (series 1) looks strangely familiar :D

Just thought I'd mention I was refering to Adam being in that episode. I didn't know he'd been in the show so others reading this might not know either. His last scene was priceless :lol:
PeepingTom
Black Squadron

Postby hobbsy » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:51pm

crazypalefreak wrote:
hobbsy wrote:I don't know if you've heard of him, but Phil Kay is my favourite comedian. He used to have his own Channel 4 TV series PHil Kay Feels. Seen him live a few times.. fuckin' hilarious.

I remember Phil Kay Feels... I loved that show! I still have one of the episodes on a really old VHS somewhere. The Phil Kay Feels...Lovely one I think. Is that guy still going? I should try and see him.

I haven't seen him for years, but saw him live at the Manchester Dancehouse and Leeds Festival. Phil Kay Feels was brilliant :) it must be on YouTube somewhere

I also spotted him on QI and some Australian talkshow -- I'll get some YouTube links up later
hobbsy
Site Admin

Postby benjula » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:01pm

PeepingTom wrote:
PeepingTom wrote:Have just got around to watching The IT Crowd, is pretty good. Bill Crouse on episode 5 (series 1) looks strangely familiar :D

Just thought I'd mention I was refering to Adam being in that episode. I didn't know he'd been in the show so others reading this might not know either. His last scene was priceless :lol:

yeah it's a good episode
benjula
Black Squadron

Postby hobbsy » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:04pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaeiaZwlbGM[/youtube]

No sign of 'Phil Kay Feels' on YouTube unfortunately :(
(I thought you could find anything on YT... disappointing!)

Above is his Australian talkshow appearance. He'd be a great guest on Have I Got News For You. :)
hobbsy
Site Admin

Postby marktobias » Fri May 01, 2009 8:09am

I've got a feeling I met Phil Kay.... but I might have imagined it. Maybe at The Comedy Store, I can't remember. He's a funny bloke though, don't see enough of him on TV these days.

Anyway, TV comedy, I'm currently catching up with Curb Your Enthusiasm, just finished season four. Gotta love Mel Brooks acting out a scene from The Producers doing a homage to himself :lol:
I've heard they're reuniting the whole cast of Seinfeld for an episode in the new series, it'll be interesting to see if Larry throws Michael Richards into something with Wanda Sykes :D
marktobias

Postby benjula » Fri May 01, 2009 8:16am

marktobias wrote:I've got a feeling I met Phil Kay.... but I might have imagined it. Maybe at The Comedy Store, I can't remember. He's a funny bloke though, don't see enough of him on TV these days.

Anyway, TV comedy, I'm currently catching up with Curb Your Enthusiasm, just finished season four. Gotta love Mel Brooks acting out a scene from The Producers doing a homage to himself :lol:
I've heard they're reuniting the whole cast of Seinfeld for an episode in the new series, it'll be interesting to see if Larry throws Michael Richards into something with Wanda Sykes :D

yay!, season 7 is gonna be so so so so good!
benjula
Black Squadron

Postby boggles » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:56am

The Armando Iannucci Shows are, in my opinion, some of the best modern comedy sketches ever. I dont think there has been such great surreal yet profound comedy since Monty Python. Highly recommended
boggles

Postby benjula » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:42pm

boggles wrote:The Armando Iannucci Shows are, in my opinion, some of the best modern comedy sketches ever. I dont think there has been such great surreal yet profound comedy since Monty Python. Highly recommended

seconded
benjula
Black Squadron

Postby JadamLove » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:25pm

My top 5 fav comedies apart from Adam and Joe would have to be,

(No particular order)
1. The League Of Gentlemen
2. Peep Show
3. Spaced
4. Green Wing
5. A Little Bit Of Fry And Laurie