The Complete Adam & Joe Radio Show Reference List

All Adam and Joe related posts go in here

Re: The Complete Adam & Joe Radio Show Reference List

Postby namesinspace » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:36pm

QuiteNiceJon wrote:Hello namesinspaces and blurry101.
I wanted to ask, have A or J been involved in this site at all? - and how has all the material been sourced?

Hi Jon,

Judging by the speed at which the wonderful Live Journal people used to get the show up on a Saturday, I think they recorded it as it was broadcast. Sometimes they had it up before the iPlayer link became active. It is possible to download from the iPlayer although it is not welcomed by the BBC and to that end, Adam and Joe have not been involved in the site. One of the sub-pages in their area of the 6Music website does link to the main blog, though and they have both been supportive of Hobby's work here, in the past.

XFM days seem so long ago now! I guess some were recorded on the fly as it was broadcast as I don't believe there was much of a streaming service after the fact. That's why we have such big gaps. Gervais fans recorded his shows but rarely bothered when Adam and Joe filled in.

I would love to spend a day sniffing through the Buckles archive. I'll bet he has some lovely stuff he could slam in our empty slots.

:oops:
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby QuiteNiceJon » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:21pm

Well I think it's all great and I'd be happy to spend a few nights in a prison cell for colluding.
There's a few other things that are unlikely to ever be released which I managed to extrude from YouTube – mostly Armando Iannucci Armistice stuff which was all very topical and the Chris Morris Radio One Show which were both quite brilliant as well.
I'm sure it's what they would all want and expect from their loyal and dedicated target market.
Jon
QuiteNiceJon

Postby namesinspace » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:34am

There is a wonderful Adam and Joe (+comedy) fan who used the name Retinend (sadly & for unknown reasons is not visible on the nets under that guise any more) who used to have some great stuff including the Chris Morris shows. He stored them on his Humyo, if memory serves but that's all defunct now.
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby Ringosis » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:42am

I know this is asking a lot, but is there any possibility of uploading the BBC shows to a different site as RapidShare has basically become unusable now. They throttle their download speeds to 30kbp/s and don't allow simultaneous downloads which means the shows now take a couple of hours each to download :-/
Ringosis

Postby namesinspace » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:17am

This would be Blurry101's call but do you have any recommendations? It's very tricky with all the legislation going on out there. I use that 4Shared place & I was told the downloads weren't too slow but you do have to register to get to them now.
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby Ringosis » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:48am

I'm fine with 4shared. Creating an account isn't exactly hard work, it's got a decent download speed, and not too much faffing around to start the download. Most other sites make you fill out one of those captcha things which is a pain in the arse. Would make sense for them to all be on the same site as well.

Rapidshare really is pointless now though. They might as well have just deleted all the files, would have been about as usable.
Ringosis

Postby namesinspace » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:49pm

Thanks for the feedback. It's really helpful. I'm glad 4Shared works well for you. I'm never sure because my connection isn't great.

Blurry101 has done an amazing job with those full length shows and when he started, Rapidshare was a great option but I agree it's less helpful nowadays but that said.....I believe you can find BUG TV there at the moment!.

You get 15GB for free with 4Shared and I'm up to 78% with just the pods and XFM shows I've covered so it would mean several different accounts plus, I really don't have the time or broadband speeds to be uploading everything again. I think it would have to be a gradual crossover as the Rapidshare links expire, if anything. It's a real labour of love.
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby hatevessel » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:56pm

Feel free to pour scorn upon me, I've tried forum searches on the offchance, and this really doesn't warrant its own thread...

Is anyone able to tell me which episode has Adam's freeplay of Prince's Sexy MF, where he overlaid his son talking over the rude words?
hatevessel

Postby swaddon » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:11pm

I know it's an XFM show, possibly from the 4th series, if that's any help.
swaddon

Postby namesinspace » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:44pm

I believe it might be from the second series but if all you want is a reminder of how it sounds....it's here
http://boggins.posterous.com/adam-and-f ... ith-the-pu
namesinspace
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Black Squadron