The Complete Adam & Joe Radio Show Reference List

All Adam and Joe related posts go in here

Re: The Complete Adam & Joe Radio Show Reference List

Postby daremo » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:31am

I updated http://www.adamandjoearchive.org a few weeks ago. Made it more pretty I think..!

Instead of the tired old default nginx purple links there's now wonderful html5 courtesy of _h5ai.

Hobbsy, feel free to link to the site wherever most people can see it. Everyone deserves easy access to A&J. I assure you it will be up for a long time still :)

Btw I recommend downloading and listening to the shows on your computer. The server I currently host the files on tends to cut connections after a while, so the file you're listening to might stop after 5mins.
Using this new interface you can mark a whole folder and download everything in a .tar file (Use 7-Zip to extract).
daremo

Postby namesinspace » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:53pm

Wonderful stuff, Daremo. Thank you.
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby blah-boobidy » Sun May 03, 2015 1:21am

Hi I dont think the 6music podcast 4shared links are working! They say file not found when you try to preview them! I haven't tried downloading them coz I'm on a shared computer...

I'd love to give them a listen!!

Thanks
blah-boobidy

Postby hobbsy » Mon May 04, 2015 12:04am

are they on Archive[.]org?
hobbsy
Site Admin

Postby namesinspace » Mon May 04, 2015 9:06am

Hi Hobbsy and Blah Boopidy

First of all, the shows and pods are a mixture of 4Shared and Archive.org, depending on when they were upped.

I noticed when I was linking an old show yesterday, the 4Shared ones won't work as a player but they will download, so the file is still there......on the ones I uploaded at least. I know there are some others linked that were upped by (an) other member(s) so perhaps they've let their account lapse. That's why Archive.org is better because once it's up, it's out there forever.

I guess I need to go back over the 4Shared and see what needs upping again. I am also concerned that the last 40 odd pods, currently linked from the BBC site, may have to be upped to Archive soon because the Castle took down Adam and Joe's podcast page last week. The pods are still on the server - thank goodness we had links directly to the file, but they may not stay there for long now. Sad, sad times.

Edited to add - don't forget the lovely Daremo has made a very comprehensive archive here, which I should spend some time replacing our 4Shared links with......

Edited again to say the glitch at the Castle was temporary and their podcast page is back intact.
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby LaurieB » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:36pm

Has anyone ever gone through these to update the embedded tags? I spent ages making sure I had a playlist with all the shows in their correct order, but after updating iTunes it had messed it all up again (classic apple!) - I think partly because the artist names/dates/track nos etc. are a bit of a jumble, so I've found it has to be manually sorted which takes a while.

It's not the worst thing in the world to have to do; in some ways it reminds me to listen to them all again - Still nothing close to these guys on the radio today!
LaurieB

Postby namesinspace » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:13pm

Hi Laurie and welcome.

In what sense to they need updating? Are some not working? Some went missing from the BBC site but I did replace them last month. If you spot anything else, let us know.

I see all the original 6Music Keaveny takeover files have gone now. I'll put them on Archive.
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby LaurieB » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:00am

Hey thanks, I meant the ID3 tags of the mp3s sometimes have different or incorrect dates and incomplete titles stored. Just means that the only way to make a playlist of tracks in the right order (that I've found, anyway) is to listen to them & manually cross check with the reference list as you go. It's not a problem though at all, I just wondered if any super fans on here had already edited the mp3 tags to make them consistent. Hope that makes sense, and don't worry if this isn't something anyone has done!
LaurieB

Postby namesinspace » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:15pm

Ah no......the problem is that the list was made by one person and other people have uploaded files as they could so there is a great deal of inconsistency in the title format. They would have to be upped by one person to get a really uniform set, I suppose.

I must admit, I don't really understand why you'd actually have to listen to them to know what the title should be. Are you saying some have the wrong names or dates on them?
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby LaurieB » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:53pm

No worries that's what I thought! I may or may not end up being that person, I do like things to be organised...

Not all of them need listening to, just some that don't reference a title or only reference a date; whereas others only reference a date, or just a title, or just an episode number. So occasionally you need to cross reference to get it right (especially if, like me, you just downloaded all of the episodes from the archive in one go without working out which is which at the time!)

It's obviously no trouble to hear a bit more of the dulcet tones or Dr. Sexy & the Count though. Thanks for your help.
LaurieB

PreviousNext

Return to Black Squadron