Adam and Joe at Glastonbury

All Adam and Joe related posts go in here

Re: Adam and Joe at Glastonbury

Postby daremo » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:24pm

hobbsy wrote:was this played through the new HD audio stream? (320kbps AAC)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/hd-audio/

Interested in this as well.
Hope someone capped it if it was. The HD stream is not available in my area :(
daremo

Postby namesinspace » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:58pm

thaitanic wrote:Were they on the webcam at all on the Friday and Saturday shows? I enjoyed watching that last year. Watching the Sunday webcam now and it's just tents.
No, they asked if they could not be shown this year. Unlike other presenters, they had no live guests so they got away with it.
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby swaddon » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:03pm

Podcast 3 of 3 is now available for you to download and listen to. And that's it for this series. :cry:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/adamandjoe
swaddon

Postby namesinspace » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:35pm

There's a lovely shoutout at the end for Hobbsy and all the work he's done here.

The list of thankyous sounded rather final and then they said they'd be back when they could. Fingers crossed, I guess.
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby swaddon » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:41pm

namesinspace wrote:There's a lovely shoutout at the end for Hobbsy and all the work he's done here.

The list of thankyous sounded rather final and then they said they'd be back when they could. Fingers crossed, I guess.

I do hope so. Mind you, if they have called it a day, they will have left a great legacy of over 100 shows for us to go back and listen to.
swaddon

Postby namesinspace » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:24pm

Indeed and very well said. I only want the best for them and I'll enjoy any future output. They'll come back to us when they need a little lift ;)

This bloggerhas put together a very useful page of links about the weekend including some of the pictures that have been tweeted and also some from the BBC.
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby swaddon » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:19am

Even if the regular Saturday show is all over, I'm sure the Castle will let them do a Christmas special every year. What better way to spend Christmas than listening to Adam and Joe and stuffing yourself full of mince pies and chocolate?
swaddon

Postby theroundaboutman » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:19pm

Without wishing to sound like the world revolves around me and I have special powers or anything but the facts are that I join the fansite and two days later Adam and Joe make a "farewell cruel world" speech and sound like they are never going to talk out loud on the wireless again.
My poison is strong and I foresee Joe taking the film director money into a hermit castle to count alone while Adam's wife finally throws him out and he finds boggins and they live in a field.
I'm off to join Moyles fansite.
theroundaboutman

Postby swaddon » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:42pm

theroundaboutman wrote:Without wishing to sound like the world revolves around me and I have special powers or anything but the facts are that I join the fansite and two days later Adam and Joe make a "farewell cruel world" speech and sound like they are never going to talk out loud on the wireless again.
My poison is strong and I foresee Joe taking the film director money into a hermit castle to count alone while Adam's wife finally throws him out and he finds boggins and they live in a field.

Before you do that, any chance of joining a Christian O'Connell fansite? If there is one.
swaddon

Postby namesinspace » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:51pm

theroundaboutman wrote:Without wishing to sound like the world revolves around me but the facts are that I join the fansite and two days later Adam and Joe make a "farewell cruel world" speech and sound like they are never going to talk out loud on the wireless again.

Ha ha.......what took you so long to come here? You must have known this series was ending in June. I am impressed by your beautiful self-agrandising!

If there was even a morsel of seriousness in your waffle, this is as good a time and place to mention to everyone that the forum is just as active when the show is off the air as when it is on......

We'll surely have a Christmas Special but there'll be no Glasto shows next year. I feel certain of that :D

.....if they covered Latitude instead.....I'd remortgage.....that won't happen.
namesinspace
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Black Squadron