Blog updates from adam-buxton.co.uk + BBC blog

All Adam and Joe related posts go in here

Re: Blog updates from adam-buxton.co.uk + BBC blog

Postby namesinspace » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:06pm

Adam has made a blog entry to go with the Christmas pods.

http://adam-buxton.co.uk/ad/2016/03/23/ ... oe-cornish
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby namesinspace » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:47pm

A couple of posts from Adam - MERCH

Fan-vids
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby hobbsy » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:22pm

hobbsy
Site Admin

Postby swaddon » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:35pm

I think he said in the last podcast before the summer break that his website was getting a redesign.
swaddon

Postby namesinspace » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:50pm

Yes. It's pretty much a web version of his app now. I think it has been like that for a couple of months.
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby namesinspace » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:26pm

Adam has updated his website using ......Squarespace
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby swaddon » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:45pm

It's well worth a look, especially the "What Have I Done" section which has links to a lot of unlisted videos of his on YouTube.
swaddon

Postby namesinspace » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:31pm

I wonder if that's a way around C4's enthusiastic take-downs.
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby namesinspace » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:31pm

Hopefully, everyone got an email update from Adam last week but if you haven't subscribed to it, scroll about half way down this page: https://www.adam-buxton.co.uk/

In the spirit of encouraging you to subscribe to get these goodies, this was the detail of the mail:
BOWIE AND ANIMAL FARM AUDIOBOOK NEWS

Hello, Adam Buxton here.
You are receiving this newsletter because you submitted your email address either via the old Adam Buxton app or on my website. If you have changed your mind and would rather not have me invading your inbox again, you can unsubscribe at the bottom of this email.

Happy new year newsletter friends! It's off to a delightful start already isn't it? Obligatory irony fun aside, I hope you're doing alright. All OK here at Castle Buckles, thanks.

ANIMAL FARM AUDIOBOOK
Towards the end of 2020 I recorded an audiobook of George Orwell's 1945 novel Animal Farm to tie in with the 60th anniversary of the Penguin Modern Classics series.

I read Animal Farm in English class aged 11 and though it fostered some unfair prejudices about pigs that I’m still trying to shake off, it made me think for the first time about how the adult world really works, and it did so in a way that was intriguing and memorable, especially for someone who was not a great reader at the time.

It's not a long book - less than 100 pages, or just over 3 hours of audio - so if it’s passed you by so far, here’s your chance to put that right.
You can get the Animal Farm audiobook on Audible (with sample clip), Apple Books and Google Play.

Adam has linked a private ANIMAL FARM BUXTON AUDIOBOOK CLIP (unlisted on Soundcloud) which we're not linking in case it has copyright issues.
DAVID BOWIE - 'ASHES TO ASHES' CLOWN SUIT STORY

As I write it's January 8th, 2021 which would have been David Bowie's 74th birthday. I was supposed to be doing the BUG David Bowie Special (a live show featuring Bowie related videos and bits of nonsense) at the BFI Southbank in London, but Lockdown 3 put paid to that hair-brained scheme.

So I thought I'd mark the date by posting one of the specially commissioned videos from the show featuring animation from the brilliant Brothers McLeod, who previously animated the Bowie Warszawa skit I did and the video of my then 5 year old daughter talking about Princess Leia's slave dress.

This time the animation (which features very strong language!) is based on my telling of an anecdote that did the rounds after Bowie died in 2016. It was posted on the Facebook page of British director Michael Dignum, who worked as an assistant on the video for Bowie's Miracle Goodnight in 1993 and got talking to David one day on set.
BOWIE CLOWN SUIT ANIMATION ON YOUTUBEBOWIE SPOTIFY PLAYLIST
A few people have asked if I would post a Spotify playlist containing some of my favourite less obvious Bowie tracks. These aren't exactly deep cuts, but there's some slightly more off-beat things in here for those of you less familiar with Bowie but curious to explore.

DR BUCKLES’ BOWIE SELECTION
And if that’s not quite enough Zavid, you can hear me waffling with Arsalan Mohammad about Scary Monsters and other Bowie related things on the ALBUMTOALBUM podcast: Pt 1 and Pt 2.

NEW PODCAST EPISODES FOR 2021
Though I had intended to start posting new episodes of the podcast at the end of March, circumstances have encouraged me to get started sooner and I'm now aiming for the end of this month. I have a few conversations already in the can but I'm hoping to start recording some new ones the next few weeks.

Until then, myself and Rosie gift you a remote hug.

Dr A Buckles
namesinspace
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Black Squadron