Song Wars - Battle of the Songs

All Adam and Joe related posts go in here

Re: Song Wars - Battle of the Songs

Postby Dave » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:44pm

Yup. I think this forum needs some new categories soonish, maybe in a week or so.

I like vBulletin forums but I think phpBB you can customize a lot too. Would be cool to have some shiny new features. :)
Dave

Postby benjula » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:11pm

adam's reggae/ska style eco whistling song, great stuff.
benjula
Black Squadron

Postby hobbsy » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:33pm

Dave wrote:Yup. I think this forum needs some new categories soonish, maybe in a week or so.

I like vBulletin forums but I think phpBB you can customize a lot too. Would be cool to have some shiny new features. :)

I'm happy to listen to and act on everyone's suggestions for new boards/categories

Dave wrote: I like vBulletin forums but I think phpBB you can customize a lot too. Would be cool to have some shiny new features. :)

I think you have to pay to use vBulletin boards though don't you? (for a license). phpbb boards are free. I may be wrong though.

What features do people want? I'll open up a new thread
hobbsy
Site Admin

Postby Retinend » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:46pm

oooooh.... I think Joe's 'Dr. Sexy' is superb. Adam's 'Sexy Robots' is great, as well.

Adam's 'Tiny Mobile Speakers' is an absolute classic. I hilariously have it as a ringtone on my phone.

Also, Adam's 'Too Beautiful for a Cranky Old Bag Like Me' also ranks high. I like the edgy subject matter combined with the funky salsa beat.
Retinend
Black Squadron

Postby Dave » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:57pm

hobbsy wrote:
Dave wrote:Yup. I think this forum needs some new categories soonish, maybe in a week or so.

I'm happy to listen to and act on everyone's suggestions for new boards/categories

Dave wrote: I like vBulletin forums but I think phpBB you can customize a lot too. Would be cool to have some shiny new features. :)

I think you have to pay to use vBulletin boards though don't you? (for a license). phpbb boards are free. I may be wrong though.

What features do people want? I'll open up a new thread

Yeah sorry vB does cost quite a bit I ment to put that in the post.
Dave

Postby Lazy wolf eyes » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:36am

Retinend wrote:oooooh.... I think Joe's 'Dr. Sexy' is superb. Adam's 'Sexy Robots' is great, as well.

Adam's 'Tiny Mobile Speakers' is an absolute classic. I hilariously have it as a ringtone on my phone.

Also, Adam's 'Too Beautiful for a Cranky Old Bag Like Me' also ranks high. I like the edgy subject matter combined with the funky salsa beat.

That's one of my favourites. Love Adam's Nutty room song and Joe's Dr Sexy. Garth's hayfever song is utterly brilliant too. 'There's a constant stream... of liquid greeeeeen'
Lazy wolf eyes

Postby ambergambler » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:03pm

I really like All Night Garage by Joe and The Hours by Adam but, to be fair, there have be loads of good ones.
Its a shame that they dont plan on releasing Vol.2 anytime soon. I think they mentioned they were looking into a way of making them all available but not sure what that would entail.
I wonder how many copies of Vol.1 they sold :geek:
I wonder if the limited hard copies have any resale value on ebay - not that I would sell it of course :shock:
ambergambler

Postby benjula » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:24pm

i remember when i saw him at bug he said "thanks to everyone who's been downloading song wars, so far we've sold 5..hundred......copies"
benjula
Black Squadron

Postby The Saltman » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:05am

Didn't they top the iTunes comedy chart at one point though? That must take more than 500 sales.

The problem they've got with volume 2 is all the copyright stuff - Radiohead, Kim Wilde, Antiques Roadshow, Baz Luhrman's Australia... - never get it all cleared.
The Saltman

Previous

Return to Black Squadron