Attack the Block 2

All Adam and Joe related posts go in here

Attack the Block 2

Postby swaddon » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:09pm

It looks like a sequel to Joe's 2011 blockbuster Attack the Block is in the works, according to this post by the director himself.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDgZJ5Jnj7L/
swaddon

Re: Attack the Block 2

Postby namesinspace » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:52pm

You can read more here.

By Ben Travis | Posted 17 Jun 2020

Years before he went off to a galaxy far, far away, John Boyega headlined Joe Cornish's brilliant sci-fi horror directorial debut Attack The Block – a funny and stylish tale of aliens touching down in South London and facing resistance from teenager Moses and his FIFA-loving mates. It's gone on to become a cult favourite and catapulted Boyega to stardom – not to mention that it also stars current Doctor Who Jodie Whittaker. Since its release, Boyega went on to the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy, Pacific Rim: Uprising and more, while Cornish last year released Arthurian adventure The Kid Who Would Be King – but now it sounds like the star and filmmaker have thoughts of returning to the Block.

"We've got ideas," Cornish said of a potential sequel on the Script Apart podcast. "I met with John a couple of months ago to talk about it. We've always had ideas after the first one. But obviously we've both been busy doing different things." With the first film nearly a decade old now, Cornish hints that a sequel would take into account how much things have changed – or perhaps not – in the intervening years. "In a way, the longer you leave it, the more interesting it is," he explains. "So that's all I'll say."

The filmmaker also spoke about how the film has been celebrated again recently in the wake of Boyega's impassioned speech at the Black Lives Matter protest in London. "The movie's nearly ten years old now, and it's trying to address issues that were fairly ingrained then, and have certainly stuck around," Cornish says. "At the time when it came out, it put a lot of people's backs up, because it has a very unusual protagonist and arc." He adds: "It's wonderful that people are revisiting the film [...] Most of all, it's a moment for John, and it's a moment for hopefully some social change. To be a tiny little part of something that I hope is much, much bigger is exciting."

Listen to the full Joe Cornish interview – talking the scripting process of Attack The Block and its making-of on the page – on Script Apart here. Next on Cornish's slate as writer-director is a TV movie called Snow Crash, while Boyega will be seen in crime drama Naked Singularity. The actor also recently signed a Netflix deal with his company UpperRoom Productions to tell African stories on the streaming service.
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby namesinspace » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:32am

Joe has spoken
According to director Joe Cornish, Attack the Block 2 is still in development, with star John Boyega having discussed ideas with him recently.

https://screenrant.com/attack-block-2-m ... e-cornish/
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby namesinspace » Tue May 18, 2021 8:50am

More in Variety today:

The project reunites Boyega with filmmaker Joe Cornish, who wrote and directed “Attack the Block.”

The follow-up film, announced a decade after the release of the original, is currently in early stages of development by Studiocanal and Film 4. Plot details are being kept under wraps.

“I’m thrilled we’re officially announcing our return to the world of ‘Attack The Block’ on the tenth anniversary of the film’s release,” Cornish said. “I can’t wait to work alongside John again, bringing audiences an even bigger slice of inner-city alien action.”

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/john ... 234975015/
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby namesinspace » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:08pm

More info from Cannes:

StudioCanal also unveiled further info of the upcoming sequel to Attack the Block, which is in early development with Film4, Complete Fiction Pictures formed by Nira Park, Joe Cornish and Edgar Wright and John Boyega’s UpperRoom Productions. Boyega will return to star as Moses also producing, with Cornish attached to produce, write, and direct.

“It’s been a decade since Attack The Block was released and so much has changed since then,” said Boyega in a statement. “I’m excited to see this heightened story return to the streets of London. Moses has remained one of my favourite characters to play and bringing him back is a huge honour.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 234977917/
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby namesinspace » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:52am

Not about the sequel but had to link this somewhere - bespoke ATB game made for an LA gallery. https://www.instagram.com/p/CSg_t-8MAIC/
namesinspace
Site Admin

Return to Black Squadron