Adam > Joe?

All Adam and Joe related posts go in here

Adam > Joe?

Postby hairybullet » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:16pm

So, I realise that this being my first post could be rather inflammatory and that it's probably an overdone conversation, but I'm relatively new to the Adam and Joe radio shows after being alerted to them via listening to Adam's wonderful little podcast. I was intrigued to see what all the fuss was about so decided to delve into the 6 Music shows. I've been really enjoying a lot of it especially Adam's famous Queen impersonation, however I've found it incredibly hard to warm to Joe. They're obviously great mates and had a brilliant time working with each other over the years, but I often feel Joe berates Adam on a subtle level that goes past a joke sometimes. He has this haughty (haughty-man!) attitude towards Adam that doesn't sit well with me especially after listening to all of Adam's podcast to date.

I was just wondering if this is even a topic of conversation amongst Adam and Joe fans? Have I judged their dynamic completely incorrectly? I know when the show ended Adam had some resentment towards Joe because of the films stuff and Edgar Wright etc so there was definitely some animosity there surely?

I should have said I've started with season 3 of the 6 Music shows so maybe this was just a bad year for them?

THAAAAAANKS!
hairybullet

Re: Adam > Joe?

Postby namesinspace » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:50am

Welcome, Hairy Bullet.

I don't think it's ever been a topic of isolated conversation here. We may joke about Joe's scorn bucket but I feel they both have their own little nuances :)
namesinspace
Site Admin

Re: Adam > Joe?

Postby swaddon » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:51am

I think it's only natural that if you have only heard Adam without Joe, then Joe will take a bit of getting used to. Most of us on here have been fans of the pair of them for years, so it's not really an issue for us.
swaddon

Return to Black Squadron