Possible Buckles podcast appearance

All Adam and Joe related posts go in here

Possible Buckles podcast appearance

Postby LaurieB » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:18pm

I contacted one of Adam's agents earlier in the week on a wing and a prayer, asking whether he'd be willing to fill in for my regular film review podcast co-presenter. I hoped there was the slimmest of chances he might consider helping out a small fish in a gigantic media sea, trying their best to make an impact - and the result was more than I'd hoped!

His lovely agent kindly said that while he was unavailable for the next couple of months, they would absolutely send through our podcast for him to have a listen - and from there I'm keeping my hopes high!

I've just released a mini-episode before returning properly next week that I'm hoping he might bend an ear to; it's all about trying to build up some hype and enthusiasm from our listeners and 'the internet' for Adam coming to help us out, through the medium of both words and Song Wars (a la Adam's song for Stephen Fry).

I'm hoping the more people want to see (mainly hear) this happen, the better shot we've got.

It would mean the world to me if you gave this episode a listen, and consider spreading it around if you'd also like to see it happen. You can listen to it here: http://superbaileybros.com/2017/07/28/song-for-adam-buxton-back-next-week/

Obviously, the Buckulon making an appearance on our podcast would quite literally be a dream come true.

(For a bit of podcast context, we've been doing the show for a couple of years - the mods here kindly let me mention it way back then too - aiming to fill a quantum of the void left by the A&J shows, and it's led to me becoming a regular standby film critic for local BBC Radio and given me a weekly review spot in a couple of county newspapers - if you're interested you can see my more official bits & bobs here: http://lauriebailey.co.uk/)

Thanks Black Squadron!
LaurieB

Return to Black Squadron