Which is your favourite Adam and Joe radio feature?

All Adam and Joe related posts go in here

Anecdotties
No votes
Celebrity Regression
38%
Crap Commentary Corner
23%
Each Passing Minute
8%
Movie Lingo Bingo
No votes
OTTFX
No votes
Song Wars
31%
Pop Psychology
No votes
Crap Accents
No votes
Rock 'n' Real or Rock 'n' Rubs
No votes

Total votes : 13

Postby Retinend » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:13pm

Choices (I think I got em all):

Anecdotties - A one-off Xfm feature where Adam and Joe told their summer anecdotes to a caller in order to find out whose were more interesting

Celebrity Regression - A regular Xfm feature where Joe would regress Adam into a state of celebrity regression, from which Adam would see relive scenes from a famous actor's films. Callers had to guess which actor Adam was inhabiting.

Crap Commentary Corner- A long-running Xfm feature where Joe (and sometimes Adam) chose select clips from crap DVD commentaries, and callers had to guess who the commentators were. Alternate explanation: It's a crap commen-t'ry, recorded off of-a D-V-D, why don't you call in-and-see, you could win some crap-for-free.

Each Passing Minute - A one-off Xfm feature parodying Radio 4 afternoon plays. Planned to be a running series whose narrative would be 'steered' by the listeners, but lasting for only one glorious week.

Movie Lingo Bingo - A semi-frequent Xfm feature which involved Joe playing clips from famous films with a foreign language audio dub. Created after Joe ran out of DVDs with an amusing commentary audio.

OTTFX - a short-lived Xfm feature in which Joe chose movie clips which employed a ridiculously Over The Top sound eFX to illustrate a mundane action. Callers had to guess which action the sound accompanied. They usually didn't.

Rock 'n' Real or Rock 'n' Rubs - An Xfm feature where Adam would read out 10 band names - 5 from the NME and 5 from his brain. The caller had to guess which were real and which were rubs.

Song Wars- Adam and Joe compose short songs on a common theme, e.g. Public Transport or Birthdays, and invite listeners to vote for their favourite. The favourite gets played the next week as well.

Pop Psychology - A BBC6Music feature where Adam and Joe interview a caller and diagnose the mental problems of their aspiring band, prescribing solutions for their issues.
--

I didn't include 'Text the Nation' as a feature, as they've always asked listeners to call/ email/ text in about a subject, there's no competitive element and Adam and Joe don't do anything except come up with the theme.

If you haven't heard the Xfm podcasts or shows, you might not have much of a choice, seeing as the BBC6Music shows have only had a couple of features so far.

I voted for Crap Commentary Corner. I think it perfectly sums up their hilarious attention to both pop culture and minutia, also evident in their deconstruction of adverts. Joe uncovered some really incredible finds, such as the Tom Clancy one on the Sum of All Fears.
Last edited by Retinend on Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:54am, edited 4 times in total.
Retinend
Black Squadron

Re: Which is your favourite Adam and Joe radio feature?

Postby PeepingTom » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:12pm

I can only go by the podcasts as I never heard the actual shows. I love Celebrity Regression, especially the one where the taxi diver (?) thought Jim Carrey was the boy on the bike in Terminator 2. The noises that Adam made, while he was regressed, were hilarious.

Have never heard some of these features

Are there more XFM podcasts floating about than the 20 or so that are available on iTunes? Love the format of those, shame they can’t do them like that now.
PeepingTom
Black Squadron

Postby Lazy wolf eyes » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:34pm

PeepingTom wrote:I can only go by the podcasts as I never heard the actual shows. I love Celebrity Regression, especially the one where the taxi diver (?) thought Jim Carrey was the boy on the bike in Terminator 2. The noises that Adam made, while he was regressed, were hilarious.

Have never heard some of these features

Are there more XFM podcasts floating about than the 20 or so that are available on iTunes? Love the format of those, shame they can’t do them like that now.

That was hilarious!

Ultra Culture used to have all of the shows but the site exploded or something. :(

I think for me it's a toss up between song wars and crap commentary corner. Although I loved Celebrity regression too. Damn, it's too hard picking just one.
Lazy wolf eyes

Postby Retinend » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:37pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3

Download all the available Xfm shows here.
Retinend
Black Squadron

Postby benjula » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:35pm

craaaaaap commentary corner, craaaaaap commentary corner, it's a crap commentary, recorded off of a dvd...

and how odd i actually made this topic a few days ago but was too much of an idiot hole to figure out how to put a poll.
benjula
Black Squadron

Postby benjula » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:37pm

haha actually i liked each passing minute more, jenny and lench right?
benjula
Black Squadron

Postby Retinend » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:03pm

benjula wrote:haha actually i liked each passing minute more, jenny and lench right?

Yeah. "oh come, come, Jenny, it's only lunch... so far... lahluhlahluhlahluhlahluh"
Retinend
Black Squadron

Postby benjula » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:41pm

hahaha
benjula
Black Squadron

Postby The J. Dog » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:54pm

I'd have to say Song Wars right now because I haven't heard much of the XFM stuff. It may well change after my ears are exposed to the XFM podular casts.
The J. Dog

Postby fish heads » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:13pm

Retinend wrote:Song Wars - BBC6Music's only feature.

What about the one time only Pop Psychology from a few weeks ago (I think they realised that was a bit rubbish) - or the recent Juvenillia, which also seems to have been forgotten - although i think that is wickles, especially the jingle.

I haven't listened to all the XFM shows, and I certainly haven't listened to any more than once, but wasn't that radio 4 thing on more than one week, it's just we only have one recording of it. I'm sure there are a few weeks skipped between the initial broadcast of every passing minute and the next available show. I only say that because I'm sure Joe says that every passing minute isnt on this week, but it will be back the week after (even though it isn't) which meant they must have been doing it in the meantime.

Anyway, good topic man!
fish heads
Black Squadron

Next

Return to Black Squadron