Farewell to Baaadad

All Adam and Joe related posts go in here

Farewell to Baaadad

Postby namesinspace » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:56am

It was announced yesterday, that Nigel Buxton passed away at the commendable age of 91.

I believe he had been living with Adam and his family of late and I hope his passing was comfortable and in the company of those who loved him.

You can read his obituary here. I wonder if he had a hand in writing it. It amuses me that this superb journalist is better remembered for his work with his son, even by the publication that gave him his living.

I think it will be unlikely that Joe will visit Adam this weekend and therefore we have to assume that the gift opening part of Adam's podcast may not be recorded.

I'm sure we're all very sad at this news, both for the loss of Nigel and for Adam and his family.

If people wish to send messages via this forum, we can send a link to Adam at some point.
namesinspace
Site Admin

Re: Farewell to Baaadad

Postby namesinspace » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:21pm

This heartwarming tweet from Adam just now
https://twitter.com/AdamBuxton/status/6 ... 3842415619
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby onthinice » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:41pm

What a long and fascinating life he had! Really lovely obituary. And he was so handsome and debonair in those old photos! Something double-oh-seveny about that picture in the Alps. Are we sure that the travel-writing job wasn't a front for a career in MI6? ;)

According to the bottom of the obit, he passed on the 30th November so unless that's an error, then the funeral must have already been a couple of weeks ago. Obviously my thoughts go out to all the Buxton family.
onthinice
Black Squadron

Postby Gabriel » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:06am

I was very sad to read this (really, it was like a punch in the stomach) but very glad I got to know Nigel through the Adam and Joe shows! Also enjoyed watching BAAADDAD REVISITED.
Gabriel

Postby swaddon » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:34am

I only heard about this the other day. Very sad news. But what a life he led.
swaddon

Return to Black Squadron