[LOCKED] All BBC 6Music Podcasts in here (incl. Adam's)

All Adam and Joe related posts go in here

Re: All BBC 6Music Podcasts in here (incl. Adam's)

Postby namesinspace » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:42am

dangale wrote:This last week the MegaUpLoad site was pulled down, so they don't sem to be available anywhere now on the link mentioned on page 17 of this thread.
Am I being an idiothole? Or are they not downloading for anyone else, either?
Love you, bye.Dan

Hey Dan! I didn't know about the Megaupload problem so thanks for the alert. You mention Page 17 which have a bunch on MultiUpload. I hit a few random ones & they seem to be OK. EDIT: I'm the idiothole....I see what's happening now. I'll have to put those ones up on my 4Shared (see link below).

We're slowly trying to make more permanent homes for all the material. I think/hope you'll find some of the podcasts on more stable links here but please let us know if you have problems getting them to work. The ones from 2009 onwards should work. We'll eventually get all those lists linked up.
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby dangale » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:46pm

namesinspace wrote:
dangale wrote:This last week the MegaUpLoad site was pulled down, so they don't sem to be available anywhere now on the link mentioned on page 17 of this thread.
Am I being an idiothole? Or are they not downloading for anyone else, either?
Love you, bye.Dan

Hey Dan! I didn't know about the Megaupload problem so thanks for the alert. You mention Page 17 which have a bunch on MultiUpload. I hit a few random ones & they seem to be OK. EDIT: I'm the idiothole....I see what's happening now. I'll have to put those ones up on my 4Shared (see link below).

We're slowly trying to make more permanent homes for all the material. I think/hope you'll find some of the podcasts on more stable links here but please let us know if you have problems getting them to work. The ones from 2009 onwards should work. We'll eventually get all those lists linked up.

That's OK, I hope you didn't think I was criticising! Just making you aware. (Spell check suggests I put 'criticizing' by the way.)
Thanks for making these available, I'm sure the Beeb would be happy to know someone was bothering to archive such things when even they aren't anymore! I think in a few years, it'll be like the Patrick Troughton era of Doctor Who all over again..."Oh, do people really want to hear these old (mono) podcasts?, Oh dear, we've wiped them all."
dangale

Postby Edwin Mitty » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:18pm

Wow. Thankyou so much for this. I know this was ages ago but I hope you'll see this because I can't even describe how happy this has made me. This brand of rambly waffles are the most brilliant, comforting and hilarious waffles EVER. Thankyou for putting the full shows on here as well, I can't believe how many hours of brilliant music and chortle just as it went out live (I'm Aus-squadron and a podcat, so I've never heard the live show) I now have access too.

WOOOHOOOO!!! STEPHENNNNNNNNNNNNN! xx
Edwin Mitty

Postby namesinspace » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:42pm

Welcome Edwin. We're a bit behind with getting the full shows back up online but we're working on it.

Glad you found us. Feel free to stay and chat.
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby dangale » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:00pm

On page 17 of this post, About Last Friday listed about 30 A+J BBC podcasts that are all now out of date links.

Bums.

Am I the only person who still has to hear them all? Is there any chance of them going on Soundcloud, an altogether more user friendly and reliable method of storage and file sharing? It sounds like that would be around for a lot longer than these Johnny-Fly-By-Night-Gone-Tomorrow-Lately mp3 sharing platforms that keep letting us all down.

That's my suggestion anyway. I know its a lot of work for someone....but please do it anyway.

love you. byeeee.
dangale

Postby namesinspace » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:45pm

Hi Dangale,

All the P2P type uploads expired quite a while ago but our main archive thread should have all the pods on live links. They're in a mixture of file sharing systems but none that will expire, I hope.

If anyone wants to take on the task of putting them on Soundcloud, that would be great. I have my hands full getting all the edited shows back up. I only have a few months left to upload now but I am very behind with actually updating the links.

On reflection, we should probably lock this thread and redirect people to the'Complete List'thread.
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby hobbsy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:08am

I would love to see all the podcasts, shows, clips etc on Soundcloud - but it's a pretty big undertaking. If anyone fancies stepping up to the plate feel free :)
hobbsy
Site Admin

Postby babyshambler » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:59am

I'm sorry to just storm in and request something, and feel a bit of a dick, but can anybody send me the complete BBC6 EDITED shows? I lost the lot and feel all empty inside. I'll pay postage and cover all cost of media, etc. PM me?

THANK YOU
babyshambler

Postby namesinspace » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:06am

How dare you! :)

I have uploaded all the edited shows now but I haven't got as far as linking them on the other thread. I'll try to get around to it soonish but in the meantime, there are loads already there to salve your loss until someone offers to put them on a stick or DVD for you.
namesinspace
Site Admin

Postby babyshambler » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:05pm

namesinspace wrote:How dare you! :)

I have uploaded all the edited shows now but I haven't got as far as linking them on the other thread. I'll try to get around to it soonish but in the meantime, there are loads already there to salve your loss until someone offers to put them on a stick or DVD for you.

Marvellous stuff! I honestly felt like a total hole-a-tron for asking, but I need these shows in my life. They brighten a dull day or help me unwind after a stressful shift, etc.
babyshambler

PreviousNext

Return to Black Squadron